The holiday season is just around the corner, and soon the festivities will begin. Like many, you are probably starting to think about decorations, baking, or gift ideas. As one of the busiest times of year, it is easy to forget to plan for that very exciting holiday that is also coming up, New Year’s Eve.
Hopes are always set high for New Year’s Eve. It is supposed to be a night to remember; a celebration of a new year that will be filled with new opportunities and excitement! More often than not, disappointment comes from late reservations, long lines, no babysitter, and a lack of planning. So, why not think ahead this year and kick off the year the right way in a place that is bound to offer a memorable time? Here are some of the best places to spend the New Year’s holiday.
- New Orleans, LA – This city sure does know how to throw a party. Known for its Mardi Gras celebration, New Orleans also has a lot to offer for starting off the new year as well. Whether you’re watching “Baby New Year” drop from Jax Brewery, admiring fireworks over the Mississippi, or walking down Bourbon Street, NOLA is sure to offer a different New Years’ experience.
- Las Vegas, NV – Sin City is going to host the ultimate New Year’s Eve party for you! The Strip and Fremont Street will be filled with thousands of people as the countdown begins. With live music, fireworks, and casinos and clubs, you will be ringing in the New Year long past midnight.
- Sydney, Australia – Travel a little farther to Sydney and learn to bring in the New Year a unique and different way. Along with the traditional fireworks show comes the aerial acrobatics, fire tugs, cultural dance and music, the harbour of light parade, and so much more. The beauty this city has to offer will have you wanting to come back again and again!
- Orlando, FL – For a more family-friendly trip, visit DisneyWorld for an unforgettable time. This magical place is perfect for both ending and starting the New Year. With Magical Kingdom and Epcot parks, the options seem endless ranging from firework and laser shows to dance parties and drinks of the countries. Hop on this magical ride for a time to remember!
- New York City, NY – Of course, we could not forget the home to New York Times Square. While millions tune in to watch the ball drop, you could be standing in Times Square experiencing the excitement in a whole new way. New York City celebrates the New Year with fireworks, drinks, and even midnight runs and bike rides in Central Park.
Kick off 2014 with a bang this winter! Don’t be guilty of another disappointing holiday because of a lack of planning. Leave the planning to us here at AurTravel and experience a New Year’s Eve that is sure to live up to the high hopes you have set!
Kirsten Klitz is working as the marketing intern for C&A Industries. She is a senior at Midland University in Fremont, NE. Kirsten will graduate in May 2014 with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and a minor in Sociology. She has been an officer in Phi Beta Lambda, served on the Student Senate, and worked on the leadership team for Cru. In her spare time, she enjoys running, reading, baking, campfires, and trying out new projects on Pinterest.